Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beer Cookies for Jac Jac


Cookies, like many other foods, have one critical flaw: they lack beer. This recipe seeks to rectify this shortcoming.

You'll need about 10 glasses of milk when you eat these. You could also serve them with coffee, port, vanilla ice cream or coffee ice cream (or any combination of the above).

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup turbino sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup good cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of teaspoon salt
1 bar good dark chocolate crushed into pea-sized chunks
1/2 cup Young's Double Chocolate Stout

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine butter, eggs, vanilla, stout, and sugar in a bowl, mix until combine until light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until completely mixed.
4. Combine the two bowls until thoroughly mixed, then add the crushed chocolate bar.
5. Using a tablespoon, place rounded scoops onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I think I just drooled on myself...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should tag recipes so I can easily distinguish them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget to when I initially post, then I do it like a week later..

    ReplyDelete