Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tiffins: Plastic Free Lunch Boxing


A tiffin is a stainless steal, stackable, sealable container for food (or anything you want, really). It's totally plastic free, and easy to clean and reuse, so it's great for both you and the environment.

I ordered a few Tiffins from http://www.happytiffin.com/ and received them just the other day - with a hand-written note from the owner telling me to enjoy my Tiffins!

If you're not sold on the idea, check out this video from the economist.com.

Unfortunately because they're steel, they can't be heated in the microwave, so if you're looking for a solution to that problem, check out Zojirushi's Mr. Bento.

1 comment:

  1. That video is nuts.... I can't believe so many people have their home meals delivered!

    Also that Mr. Bento stuff is pretty cool... There is nothing I hate more than crappy tupperware. A cursory search quoted me at $50 though... hmmmn

    ReplyDelete